Every AWISA, Supplier magazine searches for the most innovative new product. These products are awarded Supplier’s Gold Star Award or an Honourable Mention. Read on for a preview of the winners. Full details will appear in the print edition of Supplier, due September.
Gold Stars were awarded to:
- Holz-Her for the Multi-Function tool providing automatic changes to shaping cutters and scrapers on the Holz-Her edge banders. The tool is a finalist at the IWF Challengers award and we think it’s pretty good too.
- Nover for the Fenix Nano Technology surface, which also won the Best of the Best award at Interzum 2015.
- Woodtron for the Cube panel warehouse system. At half the cost and much less space of other warehouse systems it’s a very clever idea.
- Titus for the Titusonic Ultrasound fastening that uses sonic rivets to replace traditional wooden dowels.
- Biesse for the Opera R robotic sander, also a Challenger semi-finalist. Robots have been used for sanding before but this is the first time the technology has been applied in a through-feed application to replace artisan skills.
- Wood Tech for the Griggio Unica Safe retractable-blade panel saw. The principle is not new but the technology has been adapted for use on industrial machinery with no blade damage.
- Holz-Her for the Ltronic zero-join edge banding module. Winning a Gold Star at the Brisbane AWISA, the new interchangeable design adds to the performance of the machine.
- Leda for the KDT396JS angle edge bander. It’s not soft forming, but allows the user to quickly produce alternate angled profiles.
- Wood Tech was mentioned for the Schelling S45 tilt-able beam saw. The multi-functional machine can perform angle and mitre cuts on the same piece at the same time.
- Weinig for the Powermat 700 moulder. This entry-level moulder is well-priced and incorporates a number of features including optional HSK spindles, low energy consumption and comfort setup features.
Full details of all these innovative products will appear in the next Supplier magazine.